Sunday, April 05, 2009

I don't know what the title should be!

Disclaimer: This is most impromptu post I've ever written.

Today marks the birthday of 2 closest friends. One goes a long long way back, some seven years, and another just two. And yet, I feel I have lived a lifetime with both of them. Seen so many ups and downs...and today I am just glad, to still have them around.

But when I look back, from the time I came to US, life has changed so rapidly in just a span of two years, that its almost impossible to catchup with it and cope. So many friendships made, broken, mended....and some just remain in a limbo...Or maybe I am just in denial of them being broken.

When I try and evaluate, I cannot help but wonder, when did it become so difficult to make and maintain friendships? When did it become a thing that came naturally to me, to a thing that I find myself struggling with today? When did I turn into an anti-social being who cannot keep even two steady friends in life? Or am I just over-reacting?

My mind is just going crazy with questions right now!!
uuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh! I hate it!

3 comments:

Estranged said...

hey ...may be i shouldnt be ...bt i jus advice u to be at the present moment dear ......whatevr may be the past experience......now try to give your 100% to every relationship.........:):)

WomanInLove said...

Echoes my sentiments as of now

Avanti Sané said...

i know what you are going through...went through that cant make friends phase too...for me motherhood changed all that...i now reach out to people and surprisingly have unlikely pple reach out to me too...student life does that to you i guess..