Monday, March 26, 2007

Water - The movie

I saw “Water” recently, and that movie really touched my heart. It does not have many dialogues, no exaggerated emotions, no violence, hardly any glossy showy clothing. But yet, it was one of the most effective movies that I saw since a long time. After watching this movie, I felt that to reach out, you don’t need violence, or gaudy, flashy emotional scenes, but what you need is the truth…..simple plain truth, told in simplest of ways. Another significant thing that hit home, was something that Gandhiji has said – “Mujhe lagta tha ki Ishwar hi satya hai, par mein yeh jaan gaya hu ki satya hi Ishwar hai” (“I always believed that Almighty is the Truth, but I have realized now that in fact Truth is Almighty”). And this movie made this statement suddenly so much meaningful for me, and I couldn’t understand why I was so blind to the greatness of it before.

Do watch it if you get a chance...!


2 comments:

looney weirdo said...

Hey there...
Yeah i got a chance too to watch this movie...though i was kinda pushed to see it ;) i dnt feel so after i watched it...its a nice movie very effective and factual...do grab a chance people..i feel sad that this movie was not made in india...

Chintan said...

yeah...a gr8 movie...i watched it too..