Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God save the Wall Street!!

“This disparate treatment, unappealing as it is, appears unavoidable,” Mr. Bernanke said(about pouring hundreds of billions of more taxpayer dollars into financial companies — especially when other industries were getting the cold shoulder.) “Our economic system is critically dependent on the free flow of credit.”

And still they send me atleast 2 mails of free credit cards, every month! What is with these guys?? Do they act dumb, or are they just plain that!

Gawd!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The latter.

Abhi said...

You must be credit-worthy. A risk-free acquisition. Thats why :)

Shruti said...

yea...that makes sense...but then if I have a good credit history, and I pay my bills on time...I am technically a bad customer...since they can't earn money through the way of interest with me.....Finance is confusing(to me) :)

Abhi said...

Hehe.. No, it doesn't work that way.. First, they are much more afraid of running away with their money rather than someone paying on time.

And paying on time doesn't make you a bad customer, it just makes you a less profitable customer, or rather a particular type of customer (transactor).

Btw, interesting blog! Am diving into the archives now! :)

Shruti said...

Aaaah..that makes sense... :)
free flow of credit...

Thanks....keep commenting....you have an interesting blog yourself :)

Abhi said...

Nahhh, nothing to do with free flow of credit. They wouldn't be offering you a card if they weren't making profit on it. :P Low-risk makes low-profit still a viable deal :)

Thanks abt the blog! Which one did you read?

Shruti said...

I see...so its just low-risk...good credit-history....!
I was reading - Silver Cypher...
nice one!