Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting older, dreams, wedding...Life!

I had a funny lil dream last night. I was at my engineering college reunion. There were boys there too somehow, even though my college is all-girls. But that's not the point. The point is, all girls were crying cos one of my friends (who is now married for 2 years) wrote a speech about how difficult life is after marriage. And of course I missed the speech, since I reached there late (I reach late most of the places, it's a disease, I'm a victim!), but got this gist when I reached. In my dream.

I woke up laughing. But obviously I had to dissect it under a microscope. Why did I get this dream? Why? Is it because I am scared of getting married? Maybe. See I am not even sure where I am going with this information here. But I guess I just wanted to put it out there. In case someone knows a cure. And while you're at it, I would also like to know how to get it up for my own wedding stuff like - mehendi, make-up, jewellery, saris.

On an aside, these days I keep thinking about how old I am getting(25!). And how it's changing me. Just the other day I was looking into the mirror and getting the famous "I'm so ugly" syndrome. But soon enough I checked myself. I reminded myself that i am 25 and not 16 anymore. I need to be more confident and comfortable with myself. Obviously this pep-talk didn't help for long. But something else did. I saw news, and saw how terrible a situation it is in Haiti. And then I couldn't help but feel lucky and surprisingly got over my syndrome in a minute. If I was 16, this wouldn't have happened. So yea, maybe being 25 gives you flabby mid-rif (or is it - sitting and doing nothing), but it also gives you wisdom. For which I am so thankful! Life's good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are such a serious young woman! lighten up girl....accept(yourself) and enjoy(everything)...that's the best advice i can give you...and don't bother too much about your wedding day stuff...just wear a color you like and put on as much of natural makeup as possible and then forget about it all...just concentrate on your vows and try to take a mental picture of everything.

Unknown said...

i see that you follow corporette...anothe good site is workchic.com/blog

Shruti said...

@Munchkin - That's good advice :)
Yea...you know....for some reason I just can't get it up for all the sajna-savarna stuff! :)

I will "work" towards lightening up. ha ha! :)

PS: Thanks for the link, it's awesome!
Also, you are Avanti right?