Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trust me!

In the recent turn of events in my life, I started trusting somebody, only after knowing them a couple of weeks. And then I came to my senses with a jerk.

And yet again, started asking questions -
How long before you start trusting someone? Should there be a time period defined, like they do while hiring, a 6 month probation period before full-time trust? Should you trust your gut-feeling, or should you listen to your brain?

I think sometimes, you just trust someone because at that moment you just want to trust that person, for this need to trust someone, because you are feeling so vulnerable. I got to discussing this with my friend, and she thought that sometimes strangers can be better listeners and maybe its for the best that you trust someone at that moment.

My dear not-a-stranger-anymore,
If you ever read this and understand that it is for you, I trusted you because I believed there was chemistry between us, there was a spark, and thankfully you have done nothing to break my trust yet.
But its best for me to break away from the shackles of vulnerability, where I give you the power to hurt me.
I think it will take a while before I am okay with giving you that power.
-Me

Later!

4 comments:

Guy Next Door said...

The part about NEEDing to trust was so spot on!!!
Frankly, I too have been through something similar, though I took a different path, and it's all turning out into something totally different...dunno, there is something more I want to add to it, but somehow can't explain it in words... feeling at a loss to describe it... later maybe...

Shruti said...

I guess all of us at one point or another go through such similar things...And I am talking not only about needing to trust someone, but also about not being able to find words to describe things...

I hope and wish you the best in whatever it is though! :)

Guy Next Door said...

I think I know what wanted to say...
U gave that 'trusted one' the power to hurt you by placing trust in him/her, I gave someone the power to hurt me by placing expectations on that person... I don't know whose fault it is, that I did get hurt...
Thats why trusting is fine, but maybe palcing expectation is not. But you know what, I'm not gonna b cynical, I won't stop trusting ppl...

Shruti said...

You are right...maybe its not the trust, its the illusion of what we imagine our trust should be satisfied with, is what can hurt us. Maybe the person whom you put your trust in, has a different outlook towards rewarding your trust in him/her.

But then, who has escaped expectations, and getting hurt due to them!And on that note who decides which expectation is fair and which is not?

But thats a topic for another time, another post, another long discussion on comments! :)