Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Diet, Distraction & Distance

On my mind, but not in that order.
So, yea I know all of you are going to say, I don't need a diet. And well, yea looking at me I probably don't. But I really really need to lose some lbs, for my health, as PCOD and Spondylolisthesis become worse if I am even a little overweight, which they now have. Also, a friend was doing this, so I just decided to do it with her, so that I have someone to crib to(apart from M, someone who gets it) while I am at it. Now you ask me, why not some exercise instead, and I would say yes I want to do that too, just that I don't get around to doing it everyday, and this is getting kinda urgent!And so, the mighty have fallen to desperate measures of eating only fruits and vegetables and soups for a week!

Over the weekend, S moved to another city to look for jobs. God alone knows how I am going to manage without her. She defines whatever I know of this city man. We discovered and delighted in its wonders together. She helped me become the person that I am today, that I love to be(though she won't agree!). Together we laughed at the nothing and yet the something in all the nothingness. Actually, I don't have words to describe this loss. After I came back from dropping her, and after she had reached, it hit me while sleeping, I can never just meet her in the middle of the night again. Not that I have ever done that, but it was always comforting to know, I could. I had decided to write so much down...but now I cant bring myself to...I think it's too private, so much that even she does not know about all these thoughts...nobody does.

I also believe, that this diet is giving me an aim, something to focus on so that I don't think so much. Cos, there's nothing much I can do. So these days it's all about finding distractions from things on my mind - missing my family, missing S, trying to come to terms with so many little changes that only I can see....!Changes that cannot be expressed in words...or maybe they can be..but not just yet.....

Later!

5 comments:

Rambler said...

sometimes we realize how much we are addicted to people the moment they go away..at times even the thought of them going away brings those realizations

Avanti Sané said...

Cheer up..the people in our lives are supposed to be with us for a fixed amount of time only...thats how and why life grows.

BTW some of my friends have PCOD, and exercise really helped them. Any sort of cardio- walking,jogging etc- that increases blood flow to the pelvic area is good for you. The good side effect is that you shed a few pounds too.

Pari said...

Distractions are tough, esp. when needed to cure the bitter pain of distance...hope tis exercise thingie is helping ya..tc

Anonymous said...

people u want are never there for a fixed amount of time..they are there all the amount of time u want em to be..its just situations take some share of the time..after all life is a mix of everything..

Shruti said...

@Rambler - I know...and in any case...you cannot stop what is happening...

@Avanti - I guess you are right...Life is such!
Walking has always helped me...I am trying to get back into the routine of walking regularly...its a lil difficult though.. :)

@Pari - Yea I know...it helped only a little...

@Anonymous - :) True