Monday, January 16, 2012

Check!

Hola! Hope you guys had a nice weekend! I did!

This weekend, I am proud to say I was able to check off one more thing off my list! You guys must feel so irritated by me, cos I have been going on about the list for like ever. Well, like I mentioned, I am obsessive. And the item I crossed off this weekend has been on my things-to-do list ever since we moved here. So yeah,  for almost a year now. What, I just have been really busy being lazy.Anyyway, lets focus on the positive, that this project has finally seen the daylight.

So let's get right down to what I finally accomplished -

Find and install a "devghar"
I was hoping to finally go went to Target and get got a small shelf to hang under the kitchen cupboards, but that never happened!

That was probably confusing to read ha? Basically, long story short, I finally got my sweet behind to Target and bought a small shelf that will fit on the wall under the cabinets and not block my microwave.
Take a look!





And I am not trying to show off but I also managed to check this off - Finally donate the stack of books set aside to be donated a few months ago
That too on a weekday! Thanks to a very helpful friend. To my utter disappointment, the library refused to take all the books, so I had to recycle some. Such a shame.

And just so you guys don't think I have turned into a total religious nutso, I want to share some awesome ideas I wish I had found, before I created my photowall -

My Photo Wall

I did not search online at all when I thought of doing this, but I wish I had cos I found some pretty classy ways of making a photo wall, much better than clipping some photos to a ribbon. Oh well, the good thing is I can always take my photos and implement these ideas -

 Make A Stylish Photo Frame For Several Photos

Decorate A Boring Blank Wall With Photo Mosaic

DIY: Cheap and Easy Photo Wall
Very easy and affordable ideas! Love them! :)

3 comments:

WomanInLove said...

I had similar ideas for puja room, to have a shelf on the wall, below my iron table. But some body suggested its not giving much importance to Gods. But now I think I will do it, cos its very space friendly and looks pretty too,

Shruti said...

WomanInLove - Go for it WIL!(Is it ok if I call you WIL?) For me, the Gods were sitting on my counter on a makeshift platform made of knife block (w/o the knives in it of course)...I definitely think it's an elevated status for them now..Even though, some may think next to Paper Towel Roll, it may not be the best place, I love it! (Also - Cleanliness "next to" Godliness....wink wink!)

After all, what matters at the end of the day, is the faith and belief we have in our heart!

WomanInLove said...

Yes WIL is good :)