Thursday, January 05, 2012

Everyday life and a beautiful thought

Yesterday evening I read this. When I went home I told M (in almost an accusatory tone of what have you done?) "You know one of the blogs I read, her boyfriend (now husband) came all the way from US to India for one day just so he could be with her on her birthday". M, completely understanding my implication, without a pause said "Don't you mean her boyfriend *went* all the way from US to India for one day just so he could be with her on her birthday"? 

And now that the daily dose of amusement from my life is over, this wonderful blogger (who also happens to be one of my coolest aunts) sent me this, saying she read this and thought of wishing us :) - 

"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."

Made my day!

2 comments:

kirti said...

Isn't it wonderful Shruti.
M 's reaction is very amusing .Men ......i tell you.......

Shruti said...

Kirti Maushi - I loved it...so apt and beautifully written!
Yes, M's reaction made me smile...What else could the poor guy say...
Men = endless supply of lame excuses....hehe!