Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cheeni kum - Some fundas from the flick


The "Happy-sad/Sad-sad" funda:

Why are you sad-sad? You should be happy-sad.
Why are you sad?
Because somebody hurt you.
Who can hurt you?
Somebody who is close to the heart.
Who is close to the heart?
Somebody with whom we are happy.

So we were happy thats why we are sad na...
So be happy-sad...not sad-sad!


The "If you cry, you'll empty your heart of love for that person" funda:
Don't cry dear....
You love her a lot...Don't empty your heart of her love by crying...
Why do you cry?
Because your heart is heavy.
Why is your heart heavy?
Beacause it is filled with love.
What happens when you cry?
Your heart feels lighter.
Why does it feel lighter?
Because you empty the love in your heart through tears.

That's why you shouldn't cry for somebody who's gone....

The "Reason why men & women marry" funda:
Should we get married?
Why?
Because Marriage is the price men pay for sex, and sex is the price women pay for marriage. So after learning this deep philosophy of marriage from me, will you marry me?
Yes.

My views:
I like the first one best...the other two I don't really agree with..but whatever :)
Very entertaining movie. Must watch to relax, and enjoy some great satirical comedy from some brilliant actors.

Sayonara!

6 comments:

Amortya Ray said...

The film lost its grip in the second half. The part where Paresh Rawal emotionally blackmails his daughter was pretty outrageous. Even the 'sexy' bit started getting to me towards the end.
I loved the first half though. The romance between the lead actors was awesomely shown!

Shruti said...

I agree....even I found it a little boring(Paresh Rawal rambling on about cricket/Gandhiji/etc).But the emotional blackmailing was not outrageous, in fact these things happen. I have seen similar instances happen around me.
And the 'sexy' part was that I liked the BEST!

Surya said...

hey nice abstract out of the movie.. i jus loveeeeeeed the oneliners... grt timing.. and AB at his romentic best at 64!!!!

Seriously Funny said...

Well, i liked the 3rd funda the most :D...

But, as aptly put by amortya, the film kind of lost the grip in the second half. An actor of the caliber of paresh rawal was almost wasted in the role.

Seriously Funny said...

BTW i didnt know you were in latin... or spanish...

Guy Next Door said...

Ditto with me bout the lyrics bit...

I hav'nt seen the movie, so I don't know the background behind the first one... and, i dont really agree with the other two...