Monday, December 19, 2011

The Eternal Optimist

Inspired by this post I decided to make a list of my own. Digression - Did I tell you I have a 10 day holiday coming up between Christmas and New Year's? End of Digression. Yes. Are you jealous? Don't be. I will tell you in a minute why you shouldn't be jealous. M does not get those days off, so we can't really go anywhere. I was trying to plan a trip with a friend, who does get those days off, but we never ended up planning anything. So, basically I have a 10 day holiday with nowhere to go. I refuse to add "and with nothing to do", to the statement. What does that leave me with - things to do. Yes. Things, that I have been putting off for months, must get done. Here we go -

1. Sew the button on M's jacket, fix the zipper on it too.
2. Find and install a "devghar"
3. Buy a new mattress
4. Finally donate the stack of books set aside to be donated a few months ago
5. Finish painting letter 'S' and hang it somewhere
6. Figure out a way to DIY frames for inspirational cards I've been collecting, and find a place to hang them
7. Vaccum the entire house (yes, it's been a couple of weeks since I did that :( )
8. Craiglist some extra furniture lying around the house
9. Sleep a lot
10. Go to the library and borrow some books and finish reading them
11. Hang a clock in every room
12. Watch episodes of "The Dewarists"

This may seem less, but trust me, after I sleep in late and nap in the afternoons, read in the mornings between the sleep schedule, watch episodes of "The Office" on Netflix, cook meals, blog and hang out with my got-the-10-day-break friends, there will be little time left to finish everything. But someone wisely said - Aim high. And so I will. (Also why this post is called - the eternal optimist)

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Chica said...

OMG, you got married. Congrats girl!! loads of love and best wishes to u both ! and good you started posting again. Congrats again !

Shruti said...

Chica - Thank you! :)
And congrats to you for going into the arts...it's awesome!

Shikha said...

Thanks :) im really enjoying it !

kirti said...

Way to go girl!
Go follow your heart and the list.
Here I also have a list of 'to do'ever increasing ,never ending.
i guess it makes more sense to make a list of 'done' tasks and then derive the pleasure in striking off.

Shruti said...

Shikha - I can see that! Your sketches are really good!

Kirti Maushi - I know..the never ending, ever increasing to-do list! I think year-end is always a good time to review the "done" list and make yourself feel better! I think I will do that too.. :)