Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I love the holiday cheer, the lights and the beautiful Christmas decorations going up around the city during Christmas! This year I decided to join the spirit and decorate a Christmas Tree. I bought a small fake tree from Target (for 10 bucks), and decorated it. In retrospect I should have gone for the slightly larger tree with lights, but it was slightly more expensive! Since I didn't know how committed I felt towards celebrating Christmas, I decided to start small.

I wanted a smashing tree topper, that I searched for everywhere, but couldn't find one I liked. So I made my own....

Take a look



All I did was cut out some thick foam from an old watch box, in the shape of a star. I found some "Happy Birthdays" lying around, and I cut out the "Happy's" from it, and pasted it on the foam star and voila!



It makes me really "happy" (ha ha)!

Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

kirti said...

Hi darling! I accidently bumped upon your blog and am soooo delighted to see you in cheerful mood and to see your cute little tree which is topped up with a very smart star.
Hope you don't think I am being a nosey parker .

Shruti said...

Hi Kirti Maushi! Not at all! Thanks for your comment! Yes, I am loving the Christmas cheer and all the festivities around me :)
It makes the cold just a tad bit bearable!

rani said...

Love the tree!
Wish you a Merry Christmas dear :)

Shruti said...

Rani - Thank you! Wish you the same!