Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hostel Account: Part 1

Living in a hostel for past 5 years, I myself find it quite strange that I have never really posted anything about my hostel. But come to think of it, I'm sure I can never put down in words the magic of my hostel days. I am not saying it was perfect like a fairy tale...living in a hostel had its own pitfalls, and some which can never really be apparent on the surface! But just recently I realised that what happened then, helped me a great deal in handling a particular incident now. I now know, had it not been for the experience of my hostel, I would have reacted in a completely different manner.

Anyways, I drifted away from my point. Today, I am venturing to write about a part of hostel, and a very important one - roommates. We were 3 of us in one room. Let me just take a moment here to state that if I were to go back in time and choose roommates again, I would still choose the same roommates again, knowing all the downfalls that are to come...but also knowing, that they were and still are so very precious to me! Not just because they form almost half of my memories of hostel, but also that they were the most honest & genuine friends, who were there for me when I needed it the most and deserved it the least!

There's this special closeness & bonding I felt with them every time I entered the room. I felt like talking to them. Anything, any crap, any damn thing. But I just wanted to speak to them something. I guess it happens, when you are with somebody a lot of the time. I controlled it often, because I could see them studying, doing work, etc. And yet I grabbed the first moment that I could to chat with them. And they did the same :)

I basically like to chatter a lot (which does not necessarily make me an extrovert as some people like to think!). And I have spent some amazing time chattering with them. We shared a lot with each other, from thoughts to clothes, from books to food, from jewellery to computers. From laughing-till-your-stomach-aches to getting-bored-and-talking-any-crap. From complimenting to bitching. From coffee to water. From maggi to chinese. From happiness to distress. Almost everything. And when we parted, it was like an end of an era. No. It was an end of an era! And I miss those days a lot!! :(

And I will cherish them for the rest of my life!!
God bless them. V & M-If you guys read this, Love you both!

Sayonara!

3 comments:

Seriously Funny said...

Altough i have never lived in a hostel, i could identify with what you wrote (partly because i have a number of hostelite friends and partly coz of your writing style which almost made the events you mentioned as tough they were occurring right in front of my eyes.)
Superb post.

BTW you seem to have made an habit of signing off with a "SAYONARA"...

Surya said...

Hey u did quite answer a lot of my questions :) n u did make me feel jelous of missing that grt hostel life...(boys hostel though)

Swarup said...

Never lived in a hostel ... so no idea about how it feels. But surely is a great post in the way you describe the hostel life. I wish V & M would read this. Send them this link.

All the best and yes we will miss certain part of our lives like anythin and we will always see these times fresh in front of our eyes.

Cheers,
$warup