Monday, May 28, 2007

An interesting evening

Yesterday from around 6.45 pm I met about35 people whom I had never interacted with. Out of them 20 were completely new. And guess what I lasted :) and even enjoyed myself thoroughly. I think it's really fun to get to know new people, when you yourself don't keep any inhibitions/doubts/fears. I think its easy to find people interesting when you are least biased and very open to thoughts & ways which are different and unconventional(if I may) from yours! The key is not to judge and believe that people are actually nice and don't have sly intentions whatsoever!

Anyways, it was a very interesting evening and I loved it! :)

Sayonara!

3 comments:

Guy Next Door said...

Thats interesting...

I don't know how you do it, but I find it really hard NOT to judge ppl at first sight, or on first impressions. Though I know I shouldn't be doing it, I tend to form some kind of impression about ppl, purely at face value, which at times gets altered as time goes by...

Guess that why I love writing a blog, where there is no one to judge me at face value, and I dont have to judge anyone else...

Amortya Ray said...

I am one of those who actually judge and form opinions about others without any substantial proof other than face value. And yet I find it increasingly amusing when I evaluate how my thoughts about the person changes as I interact with them more and more.

This has been especially true over the past week when I met the entire intern batch and formed opinions about them based on how they looked, their resume, their gpa etc.. but realized that people can be completely opposite of what they appear to be.

Shruti said...

You are both right..It's really difficult not to judge people..And I do it too..But sometimes, I just don't bother judging them..I speak so much with them that I forget doing that :)
Of course I judge them still...But who says you cannot enjoy...
I never think that a person has bad intentions...atleast not untill I can see what he/she behaves like....!
I mean...if I look back now, even I judged them.all of them...and yet I enjoyed...because I didn't let my judgements bother me when I was with them!
And anyways..the whole point is to have fun right..?And we all know our judgements are going to be set right in due amount of time..so why worry? ;)