Friday, May 18, 2007

My morning walk...

Yea that's right!! All those of you who think I'm a lazy bum....well, think again :) ! I am able to get myself enough motivated (thanks to increasing fat :( due to bloody software job) to get up most of the mornings and go for a brisk walk for around half an hour!

Anyways...enough with the touting! So this post is dedicated to that time of my life, when I'm completely alone, absolutely comfortable with myself (no matter how lousy I look!), more or less at peace, and having absolute fun doing my favorite thing. What is it, you ask? Observing people. Just observing! Its fun...try it sometime.

I see such wonderful things on my way to the park. Almost everyday I see many couples of different shapes and sizes and age, walking side by side. I see a father & son pair. I see a lady with two dogs - out of which, one of the dogs (a beautiful & plump Golden Retriever) is very old and walks/limps slowly behind. The other dog (I have no idea what it is, but it looks a lot like street dog) is very active & young, and is most of the times 10-12 steps ahead of these two. Oh ya, forgot to mention, no leash:) . But I always find the second dog wait for the other two at regular intervals before trotting off ahead again!I see another lady, quite small & chubby, with her golden Retriever talking to him in Marathi! And he actually gets what she says to him. I mean its sooo amazing!And ya here too no leash!

In the park I see many people walking, jogging, exercising, doing Yoga etc. It's encouraging! I see kids playing on the swings & slides. It's cute! I see retired people who have come there to exercise. Its inspiring! I see young college-going couples, probably who have come to meet each other under the pretext of exercising/walking. It's amusing!

A million thoughts are running in my mind while observing all this. I think about my future. Plan things about my life. I'm almost determined to have dog of my own! I plan myriad things about my future home. Whether I will be able to execute them or not is a different question. But I will never forget these amazing walks my entire life!

And the most amazing thing happened today. Before that to clarify some basics - my "brisk walk" is very rampant, something like a march-past done quite fast & rigorously! On my way back from the park, I saw a lady who was quite old, thin, standing on the side of the road wearing a neck-belt. She was probably doing her "bit" of exercise. Seeing me come she smiled. When I reached her she looked up and smiled and said "Ashich chaal ayushabhar!(Keep up this walk your entire life!)". I was so happy to hear what she said. It was euphric to see she's indirectly giving me her blessings. And it was the most amazing feeling that I had. I was verrrrrry happy!
Thank you Aaji! (Translation: Aaji = Granny)

I would have paired this with some snaps..but I forget every morning to take the camera. Will try to upload sometime :)

Sayonara!

4 comments:

Amortya Ray said...

I kinda get a similar high everytime I'm around Central Park or the Riverside Park. Those are one of the highlights of living in a city of New York. Its a beautiful experience. Father and son playing ball. A bunch of kids playing baseball in the park. A sister being chased all over the sandbox by her younger kid brother! A 70 year old lady who looks fitter than most 22 year olds I know (read: me!)

Swarup said...

That's a nice experience girl and also a different way of observing people. I too observe people but in a diff way with altogether diff parameters.

Keep up the walk someday youl be fit enough not to curse the S/W Job :-)

Nice post!! Mornings are always serene I love them

Guy Next Door said...

That made for some interesting reading... especially since I do similar things when I walk(not morning walks though)... OBSERVE... It's fun to judge, or atleast think, about others, than be judged by others...
And the last part was quite unexpected... I'm sure you must have had a smile across your face all day

Shruti said...

@Guy Next Door - You bet I did...I couldn't stop smiling for a long time! :)